This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Delocalize translations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aseques
Registered Member

Delocalize translations

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:13 am
I recently did a fresh install of kubuntu 15.04, i choose to make the install in Catala, but at this point I would like to revert all the translations into english because I'd like to investigate on some issues I'm having (much better information in english)
I went to "System Settings -> Regional Settings" , there I left english as the only language "prefered language".
Since then I've some parts in english and some parts in catalan, it's weird.
I must be missing something, but I can't find it.

See here a menu that's displayed in various languages (left bar in english, menus in catalan)
lueck
Mentor

Re: Delocalize translations

Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 am
aseques wrote:I recently did a fresh install of kubuntu 15.04, i choose to make the install in Catala, but at this point I would like to revert all the translations into english because I'd like to investigate on some issues I'm having (much better information in english)
I went to "System Settings -> Regional Settings" , there I left english as the only language "prefered language".
Since then I've some parts in english and some parts in catalan, it's weird.
I must be missing something, but I can't find it.

Did you logout?
I performed a similar switch in kubuntu 15.04 beta 2, installed in en_US, switched to de and then moved en_US to the top and de to the second item in the list of prefered lanuguages.
System is completely back in en_US again.
aseques
Registered Member

Re: Delocalize translations

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:19 am
I have reboot plenty of times, but the results are still the same :(