This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kubuntu 15.04 Plasma 5 Low reso icons on Icons-only Taskbar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jowlo
Registered Member
Hey,

in general Plasma 5 looks really great and promising, but the icons on the icons only taskbar having such a low resolution drives me up a wall. If I have the standard Breeze icon theme the icons look awful all the time, but if I change to the Buuf Deuce KDE icon theme the icons are only low resolution when the program is open. I run a 6 yo AMD CPU w/ integrated graphics and my screen resolution is 2560*1600. Everything was fine on Kubuntu 14.10 and Plasma 4.

Looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/sjxPhQr.jpg

Regards,
J
jowlo
Registered Member
If I use the regular task bar the icons still have a very low resolution.
hein
KDE Developer
OS
Would you mind pasting the launchers= line of your plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc?

Plasma, apps hacker. KDE e.V. vice president.
jowlo
Registered Member
hein wrote:Would you mind pasting the launchers= line of your plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc?

Sure, from ~/.config/ :

[Containments][1][Applets][22][Configuration][General]
launchers=file:///usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop?wmClass=Dolphin,file:///usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop?wmClass=Firefox,file:///home/jacob/.local/share/applications/spotify.desktop,file:///usr/share/applications/google-chrome.desktop?wmClass=Google-chrome-stable

[Containments][1][Applets][4][Configuration][General]
launchers=file:///usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop?wmClass=Firefox
simonv
Registered Member
I have the same problem, specifically with the spotify icon. I have the icon only taskbar, and pinned Spotify to it. When Spotify is not running the icon looks fine, but when it's running it suddenly turns ugly. Here are some screenshots and my launchers lines:

Code: Select all
[Containments][1][Applets][17][Configuration][General]
launchers=file:///usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop?wmClass=Dolphin,file:///usr/share/applications/chromium.desktop?wmClass=Chromium,file:///usr/share/applications/sublime_text_3.desktop?wmClass=Subl3,file:///home/simon/Desktop/spotify.desktop?wmClass=Spotify
showOnlyCurrentDesktop=true

[Containments][1][Applets][4][Configuration][General]
launchers=file:///usr/share/applications/chromium.desktop?wmClass=Chromium,file:///usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop?wmClass=Dolphin,file:///usr/share/applications/org.kde.konsole.desktop?wmClass=konsole,file:///usr/share/applications/sublime_text_3.desktop?wmClass=Subl3
showOnlyCurrentDesktop=true
sortingStrategy=1

Oh and I have a similar display resolution like OP, mine is 2560x1440
Z??fling
Registered Member
OS
For me, it's lowres and missing icons. See 1 in this picture : http://ikilote.net/Galeries/Autres/Dive ... blemes.png