This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can not find a plugin which is able to handle the document?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rdong
Registered Member
I tried using okular in KDE 5 to open a PDF(I know, it is unwise to use such bleeding edge desktop on my first LFS... But it is too late to redo everything). On KDE 4 there is a kdelibs-plugins somewhere, is it ported to KF 5? If so, what is the name of the package?
google01103
Manager
any msgs if you open Okular in Konsole using
Code: Select all
 okular file_name

do you have the poppler packages installed?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

rdong
Registered Member
My system is very incomplete and I am still working on it... Poppler is installed. The log:

okular(22660)/(default) unknown: QCommandLineParser: option not defined: "raise"
okular(22660)/(kf5.kiconthemes) KIconLoaderPrivate::initIconThemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
okular(22660)/(kf5.kiconthemes) KIconLoaderPrivate::initIconThemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
okular(22660)/(kf5.kxmlgui) KActionCollection::addAction: Registering action  "go_first"  under new name  "first_page"
okular(22660)/(kf5.kxmlgui) KActionCollection::addAction: Registering action  "go_last"  under new name  "last_page"
okular(22660)/(kf5.kservice.sycoca) KSycocaPrivate::openDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/carl/.cache5/ksycoca5"
okular(22660)/(kf5.kxmlgui) KActionCollection::addAction: Registering action  "file_save_as"  under new name  "file_save_copy"
okular(22660)/(default) unknown: QObject::connect: No such signal QTabWidget::testCanDecode(const QDragMoveEvent*,bool&)
okular(22660)/(default) unknown: QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'okular::Shell#')
okular(22660)/(default) unknown: QObject::connect: No such signal QTabWidget::receivedDropEvent(QDropEvent*)
okular(22660)/(default) unknown: QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'okular::Shell#')
okular(22660)/(org.kde.okular.core) unknown: No plugin for mimetype '"application/pdf"'.
okular(22660)/(default) KNotificationManager::notify: Calling notify on "Sound"
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByAudio::stateChanged: Changing audio state from  Phonon::LoadingState  to  Phonon::StoppedState
okular(22660)/(default) KNotificationManager::notify: Calling notify on "Taskbar"
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByTaskbar::notify: 0 60817457
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByAudio::stateChanged: Changing audio state from  Phonon::LoadingState  to  Phonon::StoppedState
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByAudio::stateChanged: Changing audio state from  Phonon::StoppedState  to  Phonon::PausedState
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByAudio::stateChanged: Changing audio state from  Phonon::PausedState  to  Phonon::PlayingState
okular(22660)/(default) KNotificationManager::close: Closing notification 1
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByPopupPrivate::closeGalagoNotification: not found dbus id to close 1
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByAudio::stateChanged: Changing audio state from  Phonon::PlayingState  to  Phonon::PausedState
okular(22660)/(default) NotifyByAudio::stateChanged: Changing audio state from  Phonon::PausedState  to  Phonon::StoppedState
okular(22660)/(default) KPixmapSequence::frameSize: No frame loaded
google01103
Manager
the log is from ~/xsession-errors ? nothing there looks like a bad error more warning (my guess)

why do you think there is a kdelibs-plugin? I don't see one in my system (4 or 5)

what happens when you try to open the file using command line?

rdong
Registered Member
No, the log is terminal output. I don't know what exactly kdelibs-plugin is, but I searched and found someone using Ubuntu say that is the package missing, but it was an old post so I guess it is KDE 4. Also, is Okular officially included in Plasma 5 yet? And what other apps are ported? If it is really a concern I may have to downgrade to KDE 4.
google01103
Manager
Application questions are best asked (even for Plasma 5) in the relavant application forum viewforum.php?f=251

can you try running
/usr/bin/kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental

my understanding is that it is not fully ported and still uses KDE4 libs4 but should run in Plasma 5

rdong
Registered Member
Um... I reverted from bleeding edge KDE (since it crashes once in two startx), and now okular segfaults... I am currently on Plasma 5.2.0, and I hacked a bit to have okular installed. I might need to rebuild it.