This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

My panel turned grey after booting with nomodeset

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
simonv
Registered Member
I had to boot with the nomodeset kernel parameter, and this somehow destroyed my main panel. My desktop theme is Breeze Dark, but now the background color of my panel is the same like normal Breeze theme, except that the icons are now not visible, because of the dark theme. The kicker menu looks normal, though:

I can select the other themes, like breeze, air and oxygen, and they are displayed fine. But I'd like to get my dark breeze theme back :(

I'm on Arch Linux, Plasma 5.2.2. I'm sure I can solve this somehow by deleting a borked config file, but I'm not sure which one. Any ideas?
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Check that your compositor in your display settings has not switched to xrender.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
simonv
Registered Member
Yes! This was it, thanks! :)

Edit: by the way, how do I mark a topic as solved? I simply can't find that option.

Edit2: Found it, had to mark your answer as accepted :D
dethos
Registered Member
The same issue happened to me, after a crash due to another bug. Have been looking for this solution for weeks. Thanks a lot.