This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Taskbar Translucency not Always Refreshing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Caezec
Registered Member
Hello. I have a bug with the taskbar not refreshing while hidden.

Steps to reproduce:
(1) Select a theme with a good amount of translucency (or transparency) on the taskbar
(2) Set the taskbar set to auto-hide
(3) Make the desktop background a slideshow, with fairly fast rate (so you don't get bored waiting for it to change)
(3) Make sure the taskbar is hidden when the background changes
(4) Mouse-over the taskbar screen-edge, to reveal the hidden task bar
(*)The task bar should now have a non-fully-updated translucency, resulting in weird appearance
(**) If something updates the task bar image (such as the kickoff menu, or taking a screenshot) then the taskbar updates to match the correct background

Here's an example of my taskbar when it looks like it should

Here's an example of my taskbar when the previous background was yellow, and the taskbar has not yet refreshed

einar
Administrator
OS
What video driver are you using? I've never seen this myself as far as I can remember.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
Caezec
Registered Member
I'm using the catalyst drivers, provided by the aur. I was using Chakra, where I was just using catalyst. Now I'm using antergos using catalyst-test, and the exact same thing is happening.
einar
Administrator
OS
I haven't seen this on radeon (but with FOSS drivers), nor with Intel. I'm fearing it may be some issue with the driver.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
luebking
"kcmshell5 kwineffects", filter for "blur", click the config button, disable caching of interim results. still a problem?
Caezec
Registered Member
I soon lost all transparency altogether, even on Guake which uses its own transparency. I switched to open source drivers, and all transparencies were still gone. So i uninstalled plasma-desktop and went back to KDE4. Everything is working like a charm, and for good measure I'm using open source drivers.
gguerin
Registered Member
OS
Had the same issue when using panel transparency, not always refreshing properly. I'm using integrated intel and plasma 5.3.