This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma 5 does not start

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
czsergey
Registered Member

Plasma 5 does not start

Sat May 09, 2015 11:37 am
Hi,
I've this experience and I don't know how to solve it:

I've Kubuntu 15.04 and probably after update and restart this happens:

- Login screen appears normally - so I login
- Then the splashscreen with progressbar appears
- Then some applications that was running before the restart starts
- but the splashscreen was still present
- No panels appears (e.g. the bottom one) and no wallpaper appears
- I'm using yakuake so I am able to scroll it with F12, I'm able to run application with Alt+F2

I didn't find anything about this on forums, so I tried to find how to restart plasma

so I did
Code: Select all
$ kquitapp plasmashell
$ plasmashel
kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_layoutemplate.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_share.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_wallpaper.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_lookandfeel.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_wallpaperimages.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_plasmashell.so" instead.
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/myname/.cache/ksycoca5"
populateAddPanelsMenu 1
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_layoutemplate.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_share.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_wallpaper.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_lookandfeel.so" instead.
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_wallpaperimages.so" instead.                                                                                                                                                                                         
Calling KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated, use KPluginInfo::pluginName() in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasma/packagestructure/plasma_packagestructure_plasmashell.so" instead.                                                                                                                                                                                             
kscreen: launcherDataAvailable: "org.kde.KScreen.Backend.XRandR"                                                                                                                                         
kscreen: Launcher finished with exit code 1 , status 0                                                                                                                                                   
kscreen: Service for requested backend already running                                                                                                                                                   
Error loading plugin "plasma-applet_systemloadviewer" "The shared library was not found."                                                                                                                 
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins", "/usr/bin")                                                                                                                             
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set                                                                                                                                       
unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability                                                                                                                                                   
Error loading plugin "plasma-applet_systemloadviewer" "The shared library was not found."
Could not load applet "org.kde.plasma.systemloadviewer" ! reason given: "The shared library was not found." Falling back to an empty one
Error loading plugin "plasma_applet_calculator" "The shared library was not found."
Error loading plugin "plasma_applet_calculator" "The shared library was not found."
Could not load applet "org.kde.plasma.calculator" ! reason given: "The shared library was not found." Falling back to an empty one
Error loading plugin "plasma_applet_timer" "The shared library was not found."
Error loading plugin "plasma_applet_timer" "The shared library was not found."
Could not load applet "org.kde.plasma.timer" ! reason given: "The shared library was not found." Falling back to an empty one
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/myname/.cache/ksycoca5"

but nothing happens

Can someone help me how to repair my system? e.g by clearing configuration files and/or reinstall packages ? Or where I can find some log files to know more.

Thanks
luebking

Re: Plasma 5 does not start

Sat May 09, 2015 3:07 pm
sounds like the stale lockfile issue. try to "rm -r ~/.cache"