This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dual then single screen, panel problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sclarckone
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I'm experiencing some trouble when switching from dual to single screen. I use Plasma 5.2.2 on Kubuntu 15.04.

I remember having some trouble setting up the dual screen configuration first (laptop + external monitor) to get the "main" panel right (it was not showing on the primary output) but I finally got it right (I don't remember how exactly).

I've just disconnected the external monitor to use the laptop screen only but KDE acts like the external monitor is still connected, i.e the panel stayed on the external monitor (even though it's not connected but I can see it if I connect an external monitor).
I tried setting my laptop screen as the primary output (even directly with xrandr command line) but it doesn't change anything.

By chance, applications were launching on the secondary output (the laptop screen thus) and they continue to do so with the single screen configuration... And krunner shows up on my laptop screen since I declared it as the primary output.

Anyway, it's pretty annoying. I've found other threads with similar problems (some for KDE 4) but no solutions so far. Any idea where I should take a look?

Thanks for your time!
einar
Administrator
OS
Do you mind trying to update to Plasma 5.3 through the backport repositories and see if the problem persists? A lot of issues were fixed.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
sclarckone
Registered Member
OS
einar wrote:Do you mind trying to update to Plasma 5.3 through the backport repositories and see if the problem persists? A lot of issues were fixed.

Sure, I can give it a try (and thanks for the suggestion).

Should I downgrade back to 5.2.2 what's the proper way of doing it : remove the backport PPA then apt-get install --reinstall (which metapackage by the way ?).