This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Annoying un-clearable notification popups

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dominicy
Registered Member
Hello

Apologies for dim-wittedness but I am trying KDE in Ubuntu and enjoying it more than last time. However there's an annoying behaviour I can't work out how to get rid of...

I am getting on-screen notifications which are fine and when I learn how to attach screenshot I'll do so (they are top right, about 1/6th of the way down the screen)

However they won't go away and when the mouse rolls over them they go blurry and transparent, clicks activate on the page below.

Any idea how I can make them go away after a few seconds or when clicked or whatever?

Thanks and apologies for low-skilled areas....

Dominic
einar
Administrator
OS
If you want to provide screenshots, upload them to a service like pastebin, or imgur, and provide the link here.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
mck182
KDE Developer
OS
> However they won't go away and when the mouse rolls over them they go blurry and transparent, clicks activate on the page below.

There are two things to note here - those are not Plasma's notifications, those are Ubuntu Unity's NotifyOSD notifications. If you're not using Unity, then remove notify-osd package. What happens is that NotifyOSD "steals" the notifications from Plasma. If you are sometimes using Unity, there's no clear solution for that so far.

That said, there's also a bug in KNotification which is triggered by how NotifyOSD is implemented; that bug is fixed in KDE Frameworks release 5.11 I think, so you need to update knotifications framework.

Hope that helps

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile