This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Using kwriteconfig to create keyboard shortcut?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
huenger
Registered Member
Hi,
I'm creating a customized arch distro using archiso. I implemented KDE framework/plasma 5 and now I need to create a custom keyboard shortcut (super+space) for a specific program. My initial approach was to just copy the "khotkeysrc" file including the custom shortcut from a different system. However, this file seems to be overwritten at some point and the custom key is gone (it does not happen with other config files in the .config folder).
So, now I'm looking for an approach to create the keyboard shortcut with kwriteconfig. But I cannot figure out how to use it for the keyboard shortcut case. What I've seen in the khotkeyrc file to implement a shortcut, it seems to require more than just one value.
I'd appreciate any tips (the man page did not help me, I don't understand how the variables relate to what I need to create in the config file).
Being in arch, I use a fairly recent kde 4.13 or 14 or so.
Thank you,
Torsten