This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change theme [solved]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kees61
Registered Member
OS

change theme [solved]

Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:00 pm
I downloaded the Peruvian Lighthouse theme and installed it. Then I tried to install another theme, but the configuration screen was dead, did not respond anymore, could not be closed either.
So I logged out and logged on again and the Peruvian theme was active. But what a mistake! The inactive screens are almost invisible, so I decided to go back to the Breeze theme. And that does not work.
Even if I select the Breeze theme and click on apply, logout and logon, the peruvian theme is still active :-(
When I select the dark breeze theme, the menus are dark, ok, but inactive screens are still nearly visible.
How can I reset to the breeze theme?
Where is the theme stored? Perhaps I can remove it or overwrite it with something more useable.

I use Gentoo linux, plasma 5.3.1 and the most recent of everything.

edit: I was wrong. I installed the Aya theme and tried the peruvian them later but that did not change anything.
So if anybody knows how to restore the standard theme, or how to remove the later installed themes.. please tell me.

Last edited by kees61 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gentoo, KDE plasma 5.8.5, fw 5.30.0, app 16.12.1
kees61
Registered Member
OS

Re: change theme

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:28 pm
Well.. it is solved somehow by changing a desktop effect: tranparency
Ok now I can try some more themes :-)

Gentoo, KDE plasma 5.8.5, fw 5.30.0, app 16.12.1