This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Keyboard shortcuts uses my right alt

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vayu
Registered Member
OS
I use right alt for hidden files in dolphin. I see what seems to be the way to change it in system settings, but the changes don't stick. This is for KDE SC5, can someone help? What and where is the config file for keyboard shortcuts? Can someone please point me to guides in general for transitions to SC 5?
einar
Administrator
OS
You may want to look at ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc or ~/.config/khotkeysrc.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
luebking
1. Are you sure dolphin is the KF5 variant? Distros would usually ship the SC4 version.
2. KDE4 Dolphin stores *local* shortcuts in ~/.kde/share/apps/dolphin/dolphinui.rc - kglobalshortcutsrc and khotkeysrc contain global and systemwide shortcuts ;-)
3. I'm not sure whether Qt makes a difference between L_ALT and R_ALT - it's usually the "Alt" modifier.
vayu
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:1. Are you sure dolphin is the KF5 variant? Distros would usually ship the SC4 version.
2. KDE4 Dolphin stores *local* shortcuts in ~/.kde/share/apps/dolphin/dolphinui.rc - kglobalshortcutsrc and khotkeysrc contain global and systemwide shortcuts ;-)
3. I'm not sure whether Qt makes a difference between L_ALT and R_ALT - it's usually the "Alt" modifier.

Code: Select all
Dolphin
Version 15.04.0
Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.3

It turns out that changing shortcuts from systemsettings destroyed all the normal keystrokes in kate. I went to kdeglobals and deleted all the shortcut entries there to fix that.
I'll check dolphinui.rc.