This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Network settings using Plasma NM / Networkmanager

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davidbrooke
Registered Member
The following are the differences of KDE4 and KDE5 concerning Plasma NM / Networkmanager use:
Currently using KDE4:
1. If I right click on the network icon in the task bar and select network settings, I get a window with configurable settings. See photo http://imgur.com/3uLL0e6
2. If I left click on the network icon in the task bar, a popup window occurs that is resizable.

Currently using KDE5:
1. If I right click on the network icon in the task bar and select network settings, I get a window with keyboard shortcuts to activate an applet but it doesn't offer any ability to activate an applet to configure Networkmanager. See photo http://imgur.com/UNetdAi
2. If I left click on the network icon in the task bar, a popup window occurs that isn't resizable.

How can I get KDE5 to act like KDE4?
Thanks

Gentoo ~amd64
KDE Apps 15.04.3
KDE Frameworks 5.11.0
KDE Plasma 5 5.3.2
CI7-4770 and CI7-4790
4600 HD
8 GB ram

Note:
I restated the original post to better clarify issues.

Last edited by davidbrooke on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luebking
Probably the same as the device notifier.
Why do you think the window is not resizable? It has a maximize button, what should not be the case if it has a fixed size.
davidbrooke
Registered Member
luebking wrote:Probably the same as the device notifier.
Why do you think the window is not resizable? It has a maximize button, what should not be the case if it has a fixed size.

I'm not referring to the setup window that is shown in the png files. I'm referring to:
1. Select an icon from the task bar. ie network icon or USB icon or calendar/time icon
2. A window pops up. This is the window I'm referring too. You can move your mouse to the top left corner and resize the window.
In KDE4 when you follow the above two steps, you can resize any of those windows but this not possible using KDE5.
If you need further clarification, please let me know. Also I have restated the original post.
Thanks