This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma multiple monitors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
frankragr
Registered Member

Plasma multiple monitors

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:09 pm
Hello,

I have 2 monitors plugged in, but I want only one to be turned on by default. It works, but after reboot I have to manually disabled second monitor in display settings.
Can I workaround this somehow?

thanks!
arucard
Registered Member

Re: Plasma multiple monitors

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:35 pm
I think it's supposed to remember your settings, even after restart. This might be similar to the problem in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=126368

It might be a bug, though after a quick check I did not find any reported bug that match your problem description. You may want to report this bug (or check with the people in the other thread) so it can be fixed properly.

As a workaround, you could try creating a startup script/command that disables the second monitor. I think something like this should work:
Code: Select all
xrandr --output DVI-D-1  --off
(where you replace DVI-D-1 with the name of the second monitor)
You can use systemsettings to make this run at startup or you can put it in the /etc/rc.local file.
frankragr
Registered Member

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:16 pm
I had hope for something more elegant :P
But xrandr on startup should be enough for now!

Thank you!
arucard
Registered Member

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:55 pm
Yeah, it's probably a bug so the elegant solution would be to have it fixed. Until then, good luck with the inelegant workaround.
zlynn
Registered Member

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:06 pm
An elegant solution would be appreciated, but this multiple monitor mess is really counterproductive. Unfortunately it's been several years now with no real fix. However any bug reports, at the end of the day, seem to go unnoticed or developers tell everyone how stupid we are.