This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dolphin shortcut in the task bar ?

Tags: plasma, shortcut plasma, shortcut plasma, shortcut
(comma "," separated)
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
manchette wrote:With kickoff : i chose a game (kpatience) , right click only allows to add to favorites.

Yes. As I wrote that's a known "bug" (or missing feature), I did provide a link to the bug report.

I was able to drag and drop to the desktop but not to the task manager, and then you are right : it made plasma crash :
"Exécutable : plasmashell PID : 1810 Signal : Segmentation fault (11) Temps : 04/09/2015 10:01:28"

Yes, but dragging it to some other place on the panel (not occupied by the task manager) should work.

About app. dashboard :
actual versions i'm using from this repo :
Code: Select all
 10 | openSUSE_13.2                 | kde_frameworks5_132                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_13.2                       |             

# zypper info plasma5-desktop
Information for package plasma5-desktop:
----------------------------------------
Repository: kde_frameworks5_132
Name: plasma5-desktop
Version: 5.4.0-103.1
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE
Installed: Yes
Installed Size: 12.2 MiB
Summary: The KDE Plasma Workspace Components
Description:
  This package contains the basic packages for a Plasma workspace.
openSUSE132:~ # zypper info plasma5-addons
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package plasma5-addons:
---------------------------------------
Name: plasma5-addons
Version: 5.4.0-57.1
Status: up-to-date                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Installed Size: 1.5 MiB                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Summary: Additional Plasma5 Widgets                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Description:                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  Additional plasmoids from upstream for use on the Plasma workspace.

Hm, that looks fine.
Maybe try a full switch to that repo anyway to rule out some incorrect package that might have slipped in.
zypper dup --from kde_frameworks5_132

And maybe do the same with the KDE:Qt5 repo, although the package dependencies should prevent a problem there I think.

If that doesn't help, maybe try a fresh user account. I have no idea what could cause such a problem though.
With the packages from that repos, kickerdash works fine (in fullscreen) here... (I'm also using openSUSE 13.2)
manchette
Registered Member
OS
ok, the upgrade worked and app. dashboard is now available. It looks like some important packages were not up to date .
Thanks ;)

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : Leap 42.1... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
manchette wrote:ok, the upgrade worked and app. dashboard is now available. It looks like some important packages were not up to date .

Well, yes. You indeed still had plasma5-desktop installed.
Your "zypper info" output did tell that, I somehow overlooked that though... 8-)

openSUSE132:~ # zypper info plasma5-desktop

[color=#FF0000]Status: out-of-date (version 5.3.2-89.1 installed)[/color]
Description:

So you actually had Kicker 5.3.2 installed, which doesn't support the fullscreen/dashboard mode yet.
(kickerdash just "runs" the normal kicker, which in 5.4 switches to fullscreen mode if it is being called kickerdash...)
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
manchette wrote:ok, the upgrade worked and app. dashboard is now available. It looks like some important packages were not up to date .

Well, yes. You indeed still had plasma5-desktop 5.3.2 installed.
Your "zypper info" output did tell that, I somehow overlooked that though... 8-)

openSUSE132:~ # zypper info plasma5-desktop

Description:

So you actually had Kicker 5.3.2 installed (as I somehow suspected), which doesn't support the fullscreen/dashboard mode yet.
(kickerdash just "runs" the normal kicker, which in 5.4 switches to fullscreen mode if it is being called kickerdash...)
manchette
Registered Member
OS
i did not see this either, i was mislead by the version #, thanks :)

manchette, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
last openSUSE version : Leap 42.1... / Last Kde Plasma version : 5.0.xxx ...