This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

and when do we get bouncy balls in plasma 5 :o?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
maddie.zamenski
Registered Member
OS
i am not a new Linux user, but I'm new to KDE forums, im pretty young to know a lot about Linux. people at my high school don't know anything about it.
i know a bit of HTML, A LOT about Linux and used to KDE i am willing to help people, but... when are the bouncy balls coming to plasma 5? :D
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hey, and welcome to the forums!

By "bouncy balls", do you mean the red ball you could place on your desktop? You can read about its removal here: http://blog.davidedmundson.co.uk/blog/p ... ons_update

Other than being unprofessional, this widget suffered from various bugs because it did things normal desktop widgets weren't supposed to do (changing its own geometry). Therefore I don't think we'll see it return in Plasma 5. With that said, someone could make a third-party widget and upload it to a place like KDE-look.org. Sounds like a pretty fun project if you're interested in learning more about programming. ;)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
maddie.zamenski
Registered Member
OS
alright ty for the info, will there be a replacement?
Hans
Administrator
OS
I don't think there'll be an "official" replacement, but someone else could make a third-party widget (or probably even better, a containment - but that's a technical detail) that you can install.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts