This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

plasmashell in KVM turns black/hangs when shrinking window

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
OlafLostViking
Registered Member
OS
Now that resizing the Archlinux/KDE client inside of my libvirt/KVM/qxl/spice VM on Archlinux/KDE seems to work for once, I am encountering the problem that plasmashell on the client cannot handle a shrink of the viewer window on the host. Enlargening works, plasmashell adapts to the new size. But making it smaller leads to a black desktop. The other applications still work and kwin seems to handle this resize quite well, too. But the plasmashell process, while still running, is not painting on the screen or reacting upon input anymore.

I do not have any third party applets running. As a matter of fact, it's the default installation with instant messaging added only. The software is up-to-date and KDE4 was never installed in this VM. So it's "clean" ;-) Just tried a new user to be sure. Same effects.

On the console, after killing and manually restarting it, plasmashell dumps the following while shrinking:
Code: Select all
requesting unexisting screen 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 3364, resource id: 0, major code: 21 (ListProperties), minor code: 0
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 3368, resource id: 0, major code: 21 (ListProperties), minor code: 0
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemtray/contents/ui/StatusNotifierItem.qml:131:13: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://icon/

Any ideas? Thanks!