This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How do I reset my monitor settings?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kasumi_Ninja
Registered Member

How do I reset my monitor settings?

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:20 pm
I have a laptop connected to my monitor with the laptop screen turned off. In order to troubleshoot a bug I re-enabled the laptop screen, now my mouse is stuck on my monitor while new screens open on the laptop screen. I can't move the mouse to the laptop screen making my desktop unusable. I can only login to TTY and restart sddm. How do I remove the screen settings for my kde dekstop? I want to leave the other settings intact.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
Is this KDE4 or Plasma 5?

Remove the folder ~/.kde/share/apps/kscreen/ or ~/.kde4/share/apps/kscreen/ (depending on your distribution) for KDE4.

Or remove ~/.local/share/kscreen/ for Plasma 5.
Kasumi_Ninja
Registered Member
I am using Plasma 5. Removing ~/.local/share/kscreen/ did the trick. Thanks! The instructions I found online were for kde4 that's why they didn't work.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
Kasumi_Ninja wrote:I am using Plasma 5.

Ah, yes. This is the "Plasma 5" sub forum anyway.
Sorry for even asking... 8-)
franciscok
Registered Member
Removing ~/.local/share/kscreen/ also worked for me.

But my problem was other, my screen turned black every time I removed the monitor plugged on the hdmi.
I had to restart with the monitor connected again for the laptop to work again, using kubuntu 15.10.
Windows and other distros didnt had the problem.

Thanks.
andys
Registered Member
Thanks for posting this information. It was helpful.
For whatever reason, my second screen was not working on my session but was working with a different user.

Ended up removing the files in ~/.local/share/kscreen/ and works fine now.