This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kmail2 Plasma 5 port not adopting theme icon in Task Manager

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
I notice that the Kmail icon in the Task Manager is not what it shows elsewhere (e.g. Application Launcher), and changing it in the KDE Menu Editor doesn't help, and neither does changing the icon theme. Any reason for this?
einar
Administrator
OS
Are you using the kmail icon as a launcher in the task manager? If so, try unchecking "Use the launcher icons for running applications" in the task manager options.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
I'm not, and it's unchecked. I tried fiddling with that already. I guess this is a Task Manager bug.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Could be an icon cache thing? I have the same icon in all places here - Kubuntu Wily 15.10

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
Couldn't be a usual caching issue since I've changed the icon set a few times and it's updated everywhere execpt in the Task Manager. Does anyone knwo where the Task Manager settings are kept?
kwert
Registered Member
kmail2 from 15.08 is using icon kmail2.* (at least in kubuntu). If You are using for example breeze icon theme, You must add kmail2.svg to icons/apps/48/ (or rename kmail.svg to kmail2.svg)
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
kwert wrote:kmail2 from 15.08 is using icon kmail2.* (at least in kubuntu). If You are using for example breeze icon theme, You must add kmail2.svg to icons/apps/48/ (or rename kmail.svg to kmail2.svg)

Cheers! That worked (for the Papirus icon theme). The only weird thing I'm getting now is that the icon looks like it's not being scaled properly in the "Large Icons" task switcher--it's all pixelated. All the other app icons looks crisp.