This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

GUI based utility to create report of KDE 5 configuration?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vfclists
Registered Member
OS
Is there GUI based utility to create a report of the KDE 5 configuration on a system?

I need something that can create a GUI display but also export it to a text file or
send it the clipboard for copying and pasting.
david_edmundson
KDE Developer
OS
For all applications:

help->report bug

will autofill everything with the right versions and then show you a list of the most common bugs which you can then search before going on to make your report.

That applies within systemsettings too; so if you have a problem with screenmanagement, file it from the config option there.

Only case this won't cover is the main shell (start menu, panels etc) at which point you can find the data in kinfocenter
vfclists
Registered Member
OS
david_edmundson wrote:For all applications:

help->report bug

will autofill everything with the right versions and then show you a list of the most common bugs which you can then search before going on to make your report.

That applies within systemsettings too; so if you have a problem with screenmanagement, file it from the config option there.

Only case this won't cover is the main shell (start menu, panels etc) at which point you can find the data in kinfocenter

For example when I try to drag an icon from the kickstart menu to a panel, it causes Plasma to crash after some message like "loading file settings"

The Kickstart menu does not seem to update after I edit.

The settings of Icons placed on the panel cannot be changed.

In these circumstances for instance how would I report a bug.