This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I change the font size of the title bars?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vfclists
Registered Member
OS
How can I change the oversized fonts of the title bars?

This image is an example.
]
luebking
run "kcmshell5 fonts", change the window title font.
vfclists
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:run "kcmshell5 fonts", change the window title font.

Thanks, it worked.

What of the height of the title bar itself, can it be made smaller?

Doesn't kcmshell5 have a graphical interfaces, and where at its settings stored?
google01103
Manager
vfclists wrote:What of the height of the title bar itself, can it be made smaller?

Doesn't kcmshell5 have a graphical interfaces, and where at its settings stored?

iirc decreasing the title font reduces the size of the title bar but you probably also need to change button size and not sure if for all decoration styles

run systemsettings for the graphical interface (or are you looking for where the actual settings are stored - that would be in ~/.config/)

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

luebking
titlebar height: "breeze-settings5"
kcmshell just loads config modules from "system settings" directly in a dialog.
it's simpler to tell you which one to run than to tell you "if your systemsettings config is foo than click here, here and there, otherwise click there, there and here" (not to mention that I would have to look that up myself ;-)
google01103
Manager
luebking wrote:titlebar height: "breeze-settings5"
kcmshell just loads config modules from "system settings" directly in a dialog.
it's simpler to tell you which one to run than to tell you "if your systemsettings config is foo than click here, here and there, otherwise click there, there and here" (not to mention that I would have to look that up myself ;-)

I don't see it unless buton size also controls title

also you know why border size is now in Window Specific Overrides?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

luebking
Afaics the titlebar height is determined by the font and the (too big by default... ;-) buttons, yes (setting the buttons to "small" made it half-wise reasonable here (it's too big)

The border size is a general KWin deco setting in "kcmshell5 kwindecoration" - breeze simply uses that by default.