This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kwallet problems with imap

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rexi80
Registered Member
OS

kwallet problems with imap

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 am
Hi there,

I have an issue with kwallet and my imap email account.

Although the email account is listed in kwalletrc (under ~/.kde/share/config/) as [Auto Allow], the manager wants me to type the password about once per minute to allow the imap client retrieving the password and synchronizing the mails. This only stops when I don't allow access to the wallet, which results in "kmail resource broken", or when I change the closing behavior of the wallet from "after 1 minute" to e.g. "when screen saver turns on", thus when the wallet is virtually never closed. However, the pop3 accounts never ask me for password (they are listed in in kwalletrc as well).

Any idea???

Thanks

km

NB: sytem is kubuntu 15.04
luebking

Re: kwallet problems with imap

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:53 am
I assume the pop3 account doesn't have to ask because the wallet was just opened for the imap account?
Of course, if the wallet is closed, you need to re-open it. *shrug*

Only stragne thing is that you need the password for IMAP on a high frequency, seems the server does not support IDLE - or a bug in akonadi.
rexi80
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:39 am
Hi,

no, pop3 accounts working fine because:

Once I get bothered by the constant request for the wallet password by imap, I simply click and the kmail notification "imap is broken appears". Then I don't get requested to enter the password any longer except I go in kontact and try to access the imap folder which is indicated as "offline". In the meantime, pop3 accounts keep syncing opening the wallet themself. If I then want to access the wallet (e.g. for looking into it) its is closed (although pop3 is using it every 5 minutes) and I have to supply the password.

Is that clear??

Cheers
luebking

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:41 am
The pop3 module will be caching the password locally (no idea about the akonadi rules on this)

It's certainly *not* keeping the 1 minute delayed autoclosing wallet open by a 5 minute poll frequency (and therefore the wallet is also closed when you look at it)