This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How I can install this patch ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
userkde
Registered Member

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 pm
Hi

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/124272/

my distro is kubuntu 15.10

Thanks.
mgraesslin
KDE Developer
OS

Re: How I can install this patch ?

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:38 pm
I don't think that patch would help you with anything. It's only the change to KWin, it also needs a change in another component.
userkde
Registered Member

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:00 pm
the patch to solve problem "windows can cover" .
luebking

Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 pm
What Martin said is that there are *two* patches for this.
You can just download them (upper right on the RB page) and "git am" or "patch -p1 <" them. Then recompile kwin and plasmashell.
If you do not know "how to recompile" you probably rather want to wait for the release - it's not a binary patch.
userkde
Registered Member

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:54 pm
luebking wrote:What Martin said is that there are *two* patches for this.
You can just download them (upper right on the RB page) and "git am" or "patch -p1 <" them. Then recompile kwin and plasmashell.
If you do not know "how to recompile" you probably rather want to wait for the release - it's not a binary patch.

Thank you

I don't know how recompile , Can you guide me to website or video explain recompile to me ?

and When will be release binary patch ?

Thanks.
luebking

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm
There are no binary patches.
Plasma 5.5 is scheduled for release on Tue 2015-12-08, i'm not sure whether k/ubuntu will include it before 16.4 - maybe through some ppa.

> I don't know how recompile
That implies fetching the sources from git, install the relevant dev packages, configure and "make && make install"
However, I'd frankly suggest to wait for kubuntu to ship the desired release - installing software aside the package manager can interfer with future updates.
And, no offense, but if you ask for a video tutorial on "how to recompile" that simply means you're not (yet) up to this.