This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Screen locker: Users fall out of visibility moving right

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
I was wondering if the following can be prevented. On the lock screen if you right-arrow to e.g. "Change Session" and have just one user, that user is no longer visible for unlocking. All that's shown is "New Session" and "Change Session". The animation is slick and everything, but not worth the usability issue. Can this be tweaked somewhere?
luebking
fyi, clicking the most left icon will scroll back as will the left & right arrow keys
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
Sure, but imagine someone new to KDE goes to unlock their computer (e.g. one's wife) but someone (e.g. one's kid) has right-arrowed over to Change Session and so that the unlocker only see two options, not knowing that they can scroll left to unlock their user. I mean, there's no visible indication that there's stuff to the left, or that you can you horizontally scroll. Seems silly.
luebking
my post was meant as mere assistance. no scroll indication/ui nor even operative mousewheel certainly seems bad ui, yes.