This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Notes appearing on panel.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dotancohen
Registered Member
OS

Notes appearing on panel.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:39 pm
Lately notes have been popping up on my panel unexpectedly. Here is a screenshot of three notes on the panel, and the contents of one:

Here is a screenshot of the content of the right-click context menu for the notes:

The notes seem to contain text that I had cut in Firefox. The notes can be removed individually as each seems to be a separate Plasma Widget, but how can I prevent them from appearing again in the future? I searched the distro's package manager for a possible notes widget to remove, but I cannot find anything obvious:
Code: Select all
$ aptitude search plasma-widget | grep note
$

dotancohen, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
kbroulik
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Notes appearing on panel.  Topic is solved

Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:46 pm
The sticky note applet is in kdeplasma-addons. When you middle click you basically paste resulting in a sticky note. We removed that from the panel as it is really easy to accidentally trigger this (and in contrast to the desktop there's no UI to configure those actions) but your setup most likely still has this behavior configured.

You could manually remove the middle click paste action from your plasma applets rc.
dotancohen
Registered Member
OS

Re: Notes appearing on panel.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 pm
Thank you, thread marked as solved.

dotancohen, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS

Re: Notes appearing on panel.

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:58 am
I realise this thread is super old, but it's the one that comes up in searches. Specifically, the file to modify is ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc, which will have lines similar to this:
Code: Select all
[ActionPlugins][<number>]
MidButton;NoModifier=org.kde.paste
RightButton;NoModifier=org.kde.contextmenu

Remove the MidButton line, restart Plasma, and your problems will be solved!