This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Icon not displayed in task bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
phobeus
Registered Member

Icon not displayed in task bar

Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:59 pm
Hi,

I am suffering since a while (maybe 6 month) that some application shown in the task bar does not have an icon making it extremely difficult to distinguish them from each other. This seems to be especially true for GTK applications and especially those that are installed manually. A prominent example would be eclipse downloaded from their website or an own-compiled version of gpodder. The icon is simply missing in the task bar as visible here: http://www.phobeus.de/tmp/taskbar.png (Point 1). The icon is shown however everywhere else fine (e.g. launcher, dashboard or system menu in the top left).

I am running out of ideas how to fix this and hope anyone of you are having some ideas?
Fedora 23
Plasma 5.5
Qt 5.5.1

Many thanks in advance!
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: Icon not displayed in task bar

Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:03 am
The behavior of the icons in the system tray is actually two bugs, one fixed in Qt 5.6 and another fixed recently (will be in Plasma 5.5.1 or 5.5.2).

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
phobeus
Registered Member

Re: Icon not displayed in task bar

Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:13 am
Hm, okay. Yeah there had been some more issues with invisible icons being also shown on the image. One was related to the theme and looks like gtk applications are currently also invisible within the system tray. My main concern is however the task/window bar icons missing. Do you mean that will be also fixed with the new version?