This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problems with shortcuts and activities:/ protocol

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
janctibor
Registered Member
Hello everybody,

I have just moved to Fedroa 23 & Plasma 5 (Plasma 5.5.4, kernel 4.3.3.303) and - well, after the first shock, I've decidet to give it a try. Now, everything works fine for me, except the shortcuts for direct switching to specific activity. The Meta+Q and Meta+Tab shortcuts work fine, but the shortcuts for switching directly to some activity simply do absolutely nothing. The system remembers the settings and all other shortcuts work fine. Is this some common bug (or even intended behavior? As you surely know, there are few things around Plasma 5 activities and VD, which the users report as bugs, while the Plasma-developers call it progress and planned behavior), or is this only my problem?
And another problem concerning the activities is the activities:/ protocol. I find it very useful to be able to attach some documents to a specific activity, but then, some programs aren't able to open such files, when I try opening them throught the activities:/... protocol (e.g. Gwenview). They say, that the folders/files attached to activity don't exist or that the activity:/ protokol is unknown. Again, is this a common bug?
In both cases, the system somewhere calls the activities with names I've given to them, somewhere with weird long ID-like string (e.g. "5c5c4522-0702-407a-8d7a-72ae1f35aee2"). Is this ok?
Any suggestions?

Thanks