This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

widget shortcuts don't seem to work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
powers
Registered Member

widget shortcuts don't seem to work

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:32 pm
Hi, new KDE user here, running plasma 5.5.4. For all my widgets, right-clicking the settings logo show me that I have two shortcuts available:

- Settings at ALT+D, S
- Remove at ALT+D, R

Both these actions work if I press them with the cursor, however the shortcuts do nothing. Am I doing something wrong? --- I focus the widget and press ALT+D and then release these two and press either S or R. It's not a big problem, but my OCD can't let it go :S

Thanks for any help :)
luebking
Don't release Alt?
powers
Registered Member
Holding alt does not help, and I'm pretty sure I should release the Alt, just like there is a differentiation between opening activities with holding Alt+D+A and adding a new widget at Alt+D,A where the alt is released. However, in either case, holding or releasing Alt I still can't close widgets with shortcuts. One example, I place the clipboard into a note by pressing the middle mouse button on the desktop. Looking at the settings I should be able to close the note with Alt+D,R but I haven't gotten this to work yet.