This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Trouble with additional panels, adding spacers, moving icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Smirftsch
Registered Member
Over time I got used to add an additional panel on top of my desktop. Now with new Plasma I have a couple of problems with that, using OpenSuSE Leap 42.1, plasma is 5.5.4-9.2
Now, adding stuff works fine after I had some trouble at first with copying icons from folder view to it (everything was replaced with some sort of default icon, which looks a bit like a little pc), but I was able to fix that by removing some (obviously hidden) .desktop files which appeared to be there, probably from my upgrade to this version.

Now, one thing still bothers me, I can't move the icons where I want them to be- adding a spacer is either ignored or the spacers are placed "somewhere" beyond any visible place. With some patience I was able to add 2 spacers and split the icons at least a bit, but most of the time If I try to move the icons they slide either completely to the left, to the right or out of sight entirely. Any suggestions?
google01103
Manager
I don't experience this issue but it could be because:
- I'm running 5.5.95 from the Framework5 repo
- I recently rebuilt my panels because of another issue
- I never copied from folder view
- other

Suggestion:
- create a new panel and populate it, something may have corrupted

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x