This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Two different Klippers running

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
workoft
Registered Member

Two different Klippers running

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:29 am
Hi,

For a while I have had two different Klippers running, both with their own history. While the history is usually the same (of course, since they run on the same desktop) items deleted in one don't disappear in the other. One of them appears in form of a plasmoid, the other one in form of a context menu. Both of them appear in my system tray. I can simply stop the context menu one, but it automatically appears each time I start a plasma session. How keep it from starting automatically or even uninstall it? I don't know what package it is part of or whether both are part of the same package.
Should be an easy problem to fix, but I can't figure out how.

Thanks,
Malte
einar
Administrator
OS

Re: Two different Klippers running

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:29 am
Klipper works both as a plasmoid and standalone application. Try to remove the "clipboard" plasmoid from the system tray entries in the system tray configuration.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
workoft
Registered Member

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 am
It's the standalone application that I want to get rid of or at least stop from starting automatically. I want to keep the plasmoid.
Rog131
Registered Member
workoft wrote:It's the standalone application that I want to get rid of or at least stop from starting automatically. I want to keep the plasmoid.

Then take the klipper from the /etc/xdg/autostart/ - https://specifications.freedesktop.org/ ... 01s02.html

...By placing an application's .desktop file in one of the Autostart directories the application will be automatically launched during startup of the user's desktop environment after the user has logged in.
Example: If $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS is not set the system wide Autostart Directory is /etc/xdg/autostart/
workoft
Registered Member

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:26 am
Rog131 wrote:Then take the klipper from the /etc/xdg/autostart/ - https://specifications.freedesktop.org/ ... 01s02.html

Thank you! I was unaware of this directory.