This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Parley opens on login?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
duyinthee
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Parley opens on login?

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:12 pm
In Arch + Plasma 5, I have a application, the name is Parley "Vocabulary Trainer", which opens on every login and startup.
I did close Parley (File > Quit) surely and reboot or relogin. Then "Parley" opens.
How can I stop it? I have checked "System Setting > Startups". Sure, Parley is not there listed.

Last edited by duyinthee on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: Parley opens on login?

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Parley had a bug that caused it to keep running in the background when you quit it.
It then gets restarted on login by the session management because it was still running at logout.

This is fixed in 16.04.0, so upgrade if possible, or (ask your distribution to) add this patch:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=parley.git& ... fd02b9f910

If not, a workaround to not getting it started at login would be to set "Start with an empty session" or "Start with a previously saved session" in systemsettings5->Startup and Shutdown->Session Management, or add parley to the list of excluded applications there.
Or kill it before you logout.
duyinthee
Registered Member

Re: Parley opens on login?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:04 am
wolfi323 wrote:Parley had a bug that caused it to keep running in the background when you quit it.
It then gets restarted on login by the session management because it was still running at logout.

This is fixed in 16.04.0, so upgrade if possible, or (ask your distribution to) add this patch:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=parley.git& ... fd02b9f910

If not, a workaround to not getting it started at login would be to set "Start with an empty session" or "Start with a previously saved session" in systemsettings5->Startup and Shutdown->Session Management, or add parley to the list of excluded applications there.
Or kill it before you logout.

Thanks for reply and information.