This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Screen Edge for New Plasma 5 Applications Dashboard?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Thorjelly
Registered Member
KDE 5.4.0 introduced a dashboard to replace the normal application launcher. I really want to get rid of a panel-driven interface altogether, remove the KDE panel and set this dashboard to appear when I press my mouse against a screen edge. This would be really awesome. Please, is this possible at all?
google01103
Manager
Thorjelly
Registered Member
I'm not sure how this is useful for me. I think when they say that "show dashboard is available" they are talking about the desktop "dashboard" which contains plasma widgets and stuff. This is not the Application Dashboard new to plasma 5.4.0 that I am talking about. And while they say that screen edges allow for arbitrary dbus calls, I am not sure how I would be able to use that myself to customize screen edge functionality to display the application dashboard. And if it is relevant, could you please elaborate how I can specifically get a screen edge to display the Application Dashboard? I could be confused.
google01103
Manager
I think that this is applicable but I don't know how to use it for what you wish

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Thorjelly
Registered Member
Alright, I suppose I misspoke. It's probably applicable insofar as it can be done with some scripting, probably, but as was stated in the report, "This is not a programmer requesting an api, just an end user looking for a solution he/she would be able to use."

If anyone knows how to do this, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'd also really, really appreciate and recommend this be added as a feature natively at some point. An Application Dashboard is just about the perfect thing to use screen edge functionality for, honestly.