This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bug or Feature?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
frogprince
Registered Member

Bug or Feature?

Wed May 04, 2016 12:51 am
I'm running OpenSUSE 42.1 with KDE 5.5.5. I have a second desktop panel set up at the top, and I have the CPU load monitor widget installed at the upper left of the panel, against the edge. When I first boot up the system, the cpu1 display's text is piled up on top of itself at the right. If I then right-click on that portion of the panel, open the settings window and click on "OK", the text rearranges itself properly. Is there a setting i can change to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
google01103
Manager

Re: Bug or Feature?

Wed May 04, 2016 2:11 pm
try increasing the width of the panel

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

frogprince
Registered Member

Thu May 05, 2016 2:39 am
google01103: thanks for your prompt response, but no go. The panel is already set to maximum width, and varying the height does nothing to change the text.

Might this have to do with the nVidia driver? I did go through the drill to install that.
google01103
Manager

Thu May 05, 2016 10:38 am
bug - I just duplicated it as a new user, you should submit a bug to bugs.kde.org and post the link in this thread for others

I too have the Nvidia driver (self compiled) but have no idea why that would be the cause

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x