This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

SDDM theme Circles fix proposed.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Menak Vishap
Registered Member

SDDM theme Circles fix proposed.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:12 pm
For some reason I prefer theme Circles for SDDM (mainly because it does not expose my usernames to everybody). Unfortunately, it has problem with getting focus on startup: there is no cursor in username entry field, and to put it there without mouse is problematical. Some time ago, since Qt was updated to 5.7 the black screen began to appear instead of SDDM dialog until I press any key or move the mouse.

Fortunately, it seems that I have found the solution. Here is the patch. I am not a professional coder, I just borrowed this code from another SDDM theme, but it seems it works. Please, check it, and if it is OK, then update the Circles theme in next Plasma releases.

root@vishap-desktop:/usr/share/sddm/themes/circles# diff -u /usr/share/sddm/themes/circles/Main.qml.old /usr/share/sddm/themes/circles/Main.qml
--- /usr/share/sddm/themes/circles/Main.qml.old 2016-01-15 03:40:40.000000000 +0300
+++ /usr/share/sddm/themes/circles/Main.qml 2016-07-05 23:22:29.713355217 +0300
@@ -140,6 +140,12 @@
width: parent.width; height: 30
font.pixelSize: 14
tooltipBG: "lightgrey"
+ focus: true
+ Timer {
+ interval: 200
+ running: true
+ onTriggered: password.forceActiveFocus()
+ }

KeyNavigation.backtab: name; KeyNavigation.tab: session
ochurlaud
KDE Developer
OS
HI,

thank you for proposing this patch. However this theme is not written by KDE, but by the SDDM people it seems. Worse, they dropped it recently:
https://github.com/sddm/sddm/commit/3e8 ... 0ccc90cf6f
ochurlaud
KDE Developer
OS

Re: SDDM theme Circles fix proposed.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm
BTW, it seems they fixed it in version 0.14 (not released), and then they dropped the theme....
Menak Vishap
Registered Member

Re: SDDM theme Circles fix proposed.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:58 pm
It is extremely pitiful if it is true. :( Because Circles, Maldives and Elarun are the only usable themes, which don't expose the user list to everybody. But Elarun has some problems with running Wayland session. For me the situation when everybody can see all usernames in the system is absolutely unacceptable.