This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Minor bugs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Marchin_
Registered Member

Minor bugs

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:55 am
Plasma: 5.7.2
KF: 5.24

1) Some programs (like chromium or telegram) use my custom icon while running, but, when i close the program, the launcher on icons only task manager, shows the default icon

2) Sometimes when i log in, the application menu shows "recent documents" or/and "recent programs", even though i've turned them off, and i have to re configure it
anewuser
Registered Member
OS

Re: Minor bugs

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:54 pm
Use KDE Neon for an up-to-date KDE experience, and if you still find any bugs report them on http://bugs.kde.org/
piper
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 pm
anewuser wrote:Use KDE Neon for an up-to-date KDE experience, and if you still find any bugs report them on http://bugs.kde.org/

Ouch, there are many of us that are not fond of ubuntu, (based on debian) many of us run the real thing, debian sid

Unless things have changed, Ubuntu is a snapshot taken from sid twice a year, recompiled and adapted to Ubuntu standards, which makes it not Debian binary compatible anymore

Not really going to run a operating system I really don't like, or want, just to get the "kde experience"

Hopefully things change in the future, not everything is ubuntu.
upinvermont
Registered Member

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:26 pm
Yeah, I've noticed the same minor bugs, and am currently using Neon's latest: Plasma 5.7.4.

So "anewuser's" isn't going to help you any (and is a particular useless comment besides). That said, and only in my experience, devs are far more likely to respond to a filed bug report than a forum comment.

https://bugs.kde.org/

I've filed a few myself and can't say I've always done it correctly (there are a lot of components I don't recognize). But we do our best. If you file the bug, then provide a link and I'll second/confirm it. :)
anewuser
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:43 pm
piper wrote:Unless things have changed, Ubuntu is a snapshot taken from sid twice a year, recompiled and adapted to Ubuntu standards, which makes it not Debian binary compatible anymore.

If you take the time to click on the link, you'll learn that it's based on the LTS version of Ubuntu, which only is fully upgraded once every two years.

upinvermont wrote:So "anewuser's" isn't going to help you any (and is a particular useless comment besides).

Please refrain from attacking people online. If you have any personal issues upsetting you, solve them before opening technical forums.
upinvermont
Registered Member

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:16 pm
Hi anewuser,

My comment was not a critique of you but of your response. And besides that, with a sum total of 66 posts, who the heck died and made you sheriff? Why don't you put that little plastic badge back in the cereal box and leave moderating to moderators. Moving on...

Last edited by upinvermont on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rwalker
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:42 pm
anewuser wrote:Please refrain from attacking people online. If you have any personal issues upsetting you, solve them before opening technical forums.

Matey, chum...
I think you've got a bit lost - the Ubuntu forums are here ...
o)