This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

plasmashell 100% cpu core, notifications triggered.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
firewalker
Registered Member
OS
When there is a notification from some widgets plasmashell will freeze with 100% of a cpu core.

Some notifications that triggers this is the incoming bluetooth file transfer of bluedevil widget. Another one is the new email notification of Gmailfeed.

I have tried to make plasmashell freeze using various types of notifications (kdialog, notify-send) with no success.

Who can I debug it? Can I easily "talk" (minimalistic widget or something) to the Knotification system used by the widgets in order to pinpoint the issue? There is no valuable infos to the console output of plasmashell.
ndc333
Registered Member
might be long lived Bug 356479, if so there is a fix coming.
[plasmashell] [Bug 356479] plasmashell uses 100% CPU when there is an animation in the task
mmagnusson
Registered Member
A fix would be most welcome! Any idea if it will be backported to Kubuntu 16.04?
ndc333
Registered Member
mmagnusson wrote:A fix would be most welcome! Any idea if it will be backported to Kubuntu 16.04?

several people have asked for it to be backported to 5.8 LTS (since is so common and damned annoying), with no repsonse, join the chorus and pester the devs!
manas
Registered Member
I have been experiencing this issue for a while now.

Any kind of animation in the System Tray causes
Code: Select all
plasmashell --shut-up
to consume 100% CPU.

I am on
Code: Select all
Linux 4.8.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.8.11-1 (2016-12-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=844707