This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Language button in Screen Locker

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Menak Vishap
Registered Member

Language button in Screen Locker

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:18 am
Please, bring back the button for switching language in Screen Locker! Blind switching is extremely inconvenient, especially for those who use more then two language layouts.
Rog131
Registered Member
Menak Vishap wrote:Please, bring back the button for switching language in Screen Locker! Blind switching is extremely inconvenient, especially for those who use more then two language layouts.

Could you tell your plasma version ?

At here, with the plasma 5.7.4 & Breeze look & feel, the layout button is there:

Menak Vishap
Registered Member

Re: Language button in Screen Locker

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:44 am
Rog131 wrote:Could you tell your plasma version ?

5.7.90 :) . Actually, it is snapshot of 5.8 from git-unstable branch (I have both Neon-dev-unstable and openSUSE Leap with Argon repos). The design of Screen Locker and Logout/Reboot/Shutdown was reworked in it significantly (and not all changes are to the better).
Rog131
Registered Member
Menak Vishap wrote:
5.7.90 :) . Actually, it is snapshot of 5.8 from git-unstable branch (I have both Neon-dev-unstable and openSUSE Leap with Argon repos). The design of Screen Locker and Logout/Reboot/Shutdown was reworked in it significantly (and not all changes are to the better).

Then a bug report against the plasma screen locker could help. Plasma 5.8 feature freeze will be 'Thu 2016-09-15' - https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
Menak Vishap
Registered Member
The new bugreport is created. If somebody has the same problem, please, confirm it.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=368717
Menak Vishap
Registered Member
It turned out that I had mistaken. Actually, this button is present. But it is hidden so carefully that no-one anemy for sure will never find it! :)))
Very small black (at least with my desktop theme) letters on completely transparent background on dark wallpaper in the left bottom corner of screen. It is really hard to find! So, the bug occurred to be dummy, but it is good reason for those who work on this code to think about making this button visible permanently, not only at the moment when the mouse cursor is placed over it.