This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem selecting printer paper size when printing from Kate

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
broadstairs
Registered Member
OS
This happens with kate but also with any other application which uses QT5 print support. The issue is that when selecting the correct printer I am unable to select the correct paper size listed for the printer. For example I wanted to print on 5x7 paper but although it shows in the drop down list for paper sizes on selecting it the size remains as A4. The same happens in digikam V5.2 when I wanted to print on 5x7 borderless but again the size does not change. I can select some of the listed sizes like A0 through A4 even though my printer does not support larger than A4, also I can select some of the envelope sizes. I am running QT 5.6 with Plasma 5 under both openSUSE Tumbleweed and Leap 42.2 beta2. I must point out that using any non-QT5 application to print does NOT exhibit this issue and paper size can be selected normally.

Can anyone here please confirm this as an issue and if possible how to get it resolved?

Stuart
broadstairs
Registered Member
OS
I have today been able to update QT5 to 5.7 and can confirm that the same issue still happens on this level of QT. Surely someone here must be able to recreate this problem!

Stuart
broadstairs
Registered Member
OS
I am getting increasingly frustrated about this issue. Printing from any application which uses QT5 printing support is not fit for purpose and the problem exists in openSUSE Tumbleweed, Leap42.2 and Fedora 25. Bugs have been reported against openSUSE and Fedora but nothing seems to be done to fix it. As more application start to use QT5 it will become a much bigger issue. How on earth can I get this taken seriously and get it fixed. Is there a bug reporting system for QT5 and if so can someone please point me to it?

Stuart