This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sound level resets randomly

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hubiel
Registered Member

Sound level resets randomly

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:43 am
I'm using Plasma 5 on Debian testing and so far I very much like it, it runs rock-stable too. However, I noticed some weird behaviour of sound settings: it appears that volume for my device, which I would like to be set to 80%, gets restored to 100% on a seemingly random basis.

Fore example, today I launched Spotify and noticed audio is on 100%, so I lowered it to 80%. Then, after some time, I closed Spotify and started a movie in my browser. After the movie finished and I closed the browser, I noticed that audio is back to 100%. Attempting to reproduce it this way yielded no results, though.

Are there some bizarre rules that make this happen or is it just an elusive bug?
Rewarp
Registered Member
OS

Re: Sound level resets randomly

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:21 am
That is probably a bug. The sound levels are suppose to change according to the device you are using, so if you use a headphone for example, you will get a different associated sound level compared to speakers. Are you plugging and unplugging your headphones?