This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

autostart broken

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
avi9526
Registered Member

autostart broken

Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:43 am
Using archlinux
More info: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=217972
After update of kde apps the autostart seems to be broken: some apps in autostart not starting (kmix, ...), some is bugged, like keepassx, which shows error "The database file does not exist." (but when started from *.desktop file is working correctly). Does anyone have same issue?

Is anyone have this problem? What happened? Is it was some kind of sandbox alike stuff which was added that blocks access to some files?
stevek
Registered Member
OS

Re: autostart broken  Topic is solved

Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:57 pm
With regard to keepassx, I changed the ~/. config/autostart/keepassx.desktop exec line from:
Code: Select all
Exec=keepassx %f
to simply
Code: Select all
Exec=keepassx
This made it autostart as expected. I don't autostart kmix, but maybe something similar would help?

There are a number of bugs, probably related to this, at https://bugs.kde.org
kdeuser888
Registered Member

Re: autostart broken

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:38 am
Autostart is broken for me also. Recently updated kde plasma (currently on KDE Version: 4.14.26) and I have a simple shell script that is set to autostart. It was working fine until recently (broke after KDE upgrade). How do I debug this or is there a work-around?

Thanks!
stevek
Registered Member
OS

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:53 pm
Can you post the content of the relevant .desktop file in ~/. config/autostart/? Maybe it will give a clue for a workaround.
kdeuser888
Registered Member

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:03 am
stevek wrote:Can you post the content of the relevant .desktop file in ~/. config/autostart/? Maybe it will give a clue for a workaround.

Actually, after debugging some more I found that the script runs but it is not working as before the latest KDE plasma upgrade. The script is supposed to open the "pinentry" gui allowing me to enter a password. This was working fine before but now the GUI never shows up. The script might get killed or something? The return code from the pinentry gui indicates that the dialog was closed/canceled. But the dialog never shows up.

Thanks.
kdeuser888
Registered Member

Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:22 pm
Ok, found what was wrong. Seems like the "Work path" is not taking effect (which it used to). The script I am executing at startup launches another python script located in the "work path" directory. This used to work before upgrading KDE not long ago. Now I get error that it cannot find the script. Updated the first script to use absolute path and the problem is solved. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks!