This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

mission-control-5 high CPU usage

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS

mission-control-5 high CPU usage

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:39 am
Most of the time the mission-control-5 process stays at 0%. However, a few times every minute, it shoots up to 40-80% of one core. It might do this for several seconds.

From searching the web, I think mission-control-5 is related to telepathy, which is something that I'd never use. I looked in "System Settings" > "Personalisation" > "Online Accounts", but I didn't have any accounts set up there.

I looked in "System Settings" > "Workspace" > "Startup and Shutdown" > "Background Services" for a way to disable mission-control-5. The only things that seemed half-relevant were in the "Load-on-Demand Services" section, and were named "Telepathy Integration Module" and "Instant Messaging Approver", but neither was running anyway.

Is there a way to disable mission-control-5 from within Plasma? I can see that some of these files are provided by the telepathy-mission-control 5.16.4-2 package, in Arch Linux, but removing these packages would only be a temporary fix, as I'd have to repeat after every update.
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS
Bump. Still getting this problem. I tried disabling as many startup services as possible, just to stop my fan from whining, but it doesn't help.