This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dual monitor: tasks "belonging" to wrong desktop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tipul07
Registered Member
Hello,

I have problems with Task Manager widget on Kubuntu 16.10, Plasma 5.7.5. I use dual monitors (left and right). Task Manager shows tasks only from current desktop.

My problem is that tasks opened (or moved) to Desktop 1 show up on task manager of Desktop 2 and vice versa (tasks from Desktop 2 are shown in task manager of Desktop 1). I know task managers didn't switch (by bug) from Desktop 1 to Desktop 2 because launchers are correct. It's like task managers forget who their desktop is and they pick the other one...

One fix of the problem was to remove both panels, then add new ones, add all launchers, put back all settings as I want on panels and task managers, etc... which is a time consuming job. This doesn't happen very often (lets say once 2 weeks), but anyway it is annoying.

Did anyone have same experience and did manage to find a fix for this problem?

Best regards,
Andy
CnZhx
Registered Member
OS
This is not a solution. But I just want to tell you that I am using Plasma 5.8.4 and do not experience the problem you described.
rivn
Registered Member
I have the same problem with the most up-to-date neon user-edition version.
Both at home and at work.
The only difference is that I the above workaround (removing and adding the panels) does not work.
Neither does it work to delete all the kde config files.

Code: Select all
plasmashell --version
plasmashell 5.8.4

Code: Select all
apt-cache policy plasma-workspace
plasma-workspace:
  Installed: 4:5.8.4-0neon+16.04+build58