This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change location of notifications

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
acrimont
Registered Member

Change location of notifications

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:31 am
Hello,

I would like to be able to set the position of the notifications.
I have seen that something has already by implemented for that: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/122842/

However, it looks like it does not exist on my system which is an Archlinux up-to-date distribution with all the kde packages that I know installed.
Here the only notifications manager that I have found:

I was expecting to find something like this:

Am I missing some packages?

Cheers,
Rog131
Registered Member
Plasma 5 notification place:

Left mouse click the 'Show hidden Icons' icon on the panel. Breeze plasma theme is using small triangle.
Right mouse click the 'Notifications' -> Notification settings
Pick your place...

acrimont
Registered Member
Thanks you Rog131!

This is a bit weird that the notifications from system settings does not group this UI with the event Notifications and Actions part. Do you know whether there is a reason behind that?
And I think it is also a shame that the convenient search feature from the system settings does not allow the user to find this configuration window.

But well, the topic is solved for me. Thank you!
zomalos
Registered Member

Re: Change location of notifications

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 pm
Sorry for uploading the topic, searching on google I came here.
I wanted move the notifications in the right corner of the screen, but this option does not appear in my Debian, how solve this?
alissonsoares
Registered Member
OS
zomalos wrote:Sorry for uploading the topic, searching on google I came here.
I wanted move the notifications in the right corner of the screen, but this option does not appear in my Debian, how solve this?

It looks like you are using the portuguese version of Plasma.

option1: run plasma search (alt+space) and type:
"notification settings" (configurações de notificações).

Option 2.
in the arrow in panel near the clock click on "show hidden icons" (mostrar ícones ocultos). Click with the right bottom of the mouse on "notifications" (notificações) - do not confuse with "device notification" (notificações de dispositivos). In the window that opens choose "notification settings" (configurações de notificações) and the window to choose the place of notification will open.