This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma 5 is ignoring "Window Behaviour" settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
awood
Registered Member
Hi,

I'm using Plasma 5, with kwin_x11, under OpenSUSE LEAP 42.2, having recently upgraded from OpenSUSE 13.2.

I'm trying to change the settings in "System->System Settings->Window Behaviour", but whatever I choose, the settings are ignored.

Specifically, I want the mouse focus rule to be "Click To Focus", but even though I've set it to that and clicked the "Apply" button, the actual behaviour is "Focus Follows Mouse".

One of my colleagues is having the opposite problem. He wants "Focus Follows Mouse" but is getting "Click to Focus".

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Andy.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
Are you maybe using KDE4's systemsettings?
That may still be installed if you upgraded from previous versions.

Try to explicitly run systemsettings5 (in Konsole or the Alt+F2 KRunner dialog).
awood
Registered Member
Thank you.

Yes, that appears to be the cause of the problem.

Can you tell me how to remove the KDE4 settings, or fix my task-bar menu so that "System->System Settings" takes me to the correct program?
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
Uninstall kdebase4-workspace-addons.

But actually they should have different names in the application menu, "Configure Desktop" and "Configure KDE4 Applications".
(although IIANM the corresponding translations are missing somehow since years, so the upstream ones are taken...)

If you use some shortcut or favorite, it won't get changed though and still points to the old one.
In that case, you need to remove and readd it, or edit it.
awood
Registered Member
It looks like I'll need to fix which programs appear in the menu of my task manager.

Thanks for that, you've been very helpful.