This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

xserver-xorg-video-intel-native-modesetting...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
begonia
Registered Member
OS
As I understand neon also took a new driver for Intel graphics cards a few months ago. On my system the UI of LibreOffice became a mess as result of that. And I cannot imagine that I am the only one who experienced this.
However, with LibreOffice 5.3 things got better.
Only, I can not "focus" on a cell in calc. There is no black line around the cell when I click on it. When I reinstall the old driver it goes as it should go.
Further there are sometimes unexpected and ugly transparent elements in the sidebar with the new intel graphics driver.
begonia
Registered Member
OS
I removed the package libreoffice-kde and installed libreoffice-gtk3.
Libreoffice looks quite different now. Still ugly. But the focus-thing in calc is gone. It works as it should.
begonia
Registered Member
OS
Also from the moment the xorg video driver was replaced I had all sorts of complaints with Libreoffice in Neon.
- selected pieces of text were not marked with color,
- there are pieces of the ui you look trough but you should not be able to do so
- pull down menus are often rendered black etc
- the side bar often looks messy.

I tried all kinds of things to fix this but I didn't succeed.
- I installed the 4.10 linux kernel AND I installed the padoka ppa for newer mesa AND I installed xserver-xorg-video-intel-hwe-16.04 but all these things didn't have effect.

A few days ago I tried on the same machine Kubuntu 17.04 and the libreoffice problem was GONE there.
I think issue lies with Neon but I don't know where.
I would like to report a bug but I have no clue what "component" I have to choose. Would that be "plasmash", "kwin"... I don't know.