This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Touchpad stops working after entering sleep

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lcronos
Registered Member
OS
I've had a small issue with KDE, dating back to whatever the first version I tried was where entering sleep mode disables my synaptics touchpad for the user session that was logged in. Upon exiting sleep mode I see the lock screen, and the mouse won't work there or in my actual session. I've played around with it a little bit, and if I start a new session (without closing my old session) I can have two sessions, one where the touchpad works, and one where it doesn't. Just logging out works too (the touchpad works in SDDM). It's a pretty minor issue, since just locking my session then closing the laptop lid prevents the mouse from locking up, but I'd like to be able to just close the lid. I've looked into the issue before, but never found a solution. I'm currently on Gentoo, but have had this problem on every distro I've used (I don't know if it works correctly on other DEs, this laptop has only ever run Plasma). I'm not quite sure where specifically the bug originates from, so I took a guess and posted here. If it belongs somewhere else, I apologize. Does anyone have any ideas?