This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cursor problem.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zikavirus
Registered Member

Cursor problem.

Mon May 08, 2017 12:47 am
I have a problem using cursor themes (Breeze ou Breeze Snow), when I open a browser (Firefox, chrome or vivaldi) the cursor change to default. How to fix it?

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/wM29b0vLQuEpHU5Ph44zAV5M1UNdIGYhyRLivL9gydE=

I thank you all.

:<
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: Cursor problem.  Topic is solved

Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am
Try to set the cursor in System Settings->Application Appearance->GNOME Application Style (GTK) too.
Or try to delete the file ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini (or at least remove the line "gtk-cursor-theme-name=xxx").

AFAIK, GTK3 may override the system cursor if one is set in its config file, and the browsers you listed all use GTK3 I think.
zikavirus
Registered Member

Re: Cursor problem.

Thu May 11, 2017 2:34 am
wolfi323 wrote:Try to set the cursor in System Settings->Application Appearance->GNOME Application Style (GTK) too.

Fixed! Thks.

:<
mick
Registered Member

Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:27 pm
I've been trying KDEneon and was having the same problem.
wolfi323 wrote:Try to set the cursor in System Settings->Application Appearance->GNOME Application Style (GTK) too.

Your suggestion worked. Thank you.

Mick
Bon T
Registered Member

Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:32 pm
Or try to delete the file ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini (or at least remove the line "gtk-cursor-theme-name=xxx").

AFAIK, GTK3 may override the system cursor if one is set in its config file, and the browsers you listed all use GTK3 I think.

Hi. It isn't necessary to remove the line, just change the value to the cursor theme you selected.
By the way, if you want to change the cursor theme in the display of SDDM, just do
sudo nano /etc/sddm.conf. Find the line CursorTheme= and set the desired theme. For example
CursorTheme=ModBlackmoon-SteelKing.
Also, in the same file you can change the SDDM theme, for example,
Current=Infinity-SDDM