This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Show Desktop - behaviour

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pances
Registered Member

Show Desktop - behaviour

Wed May 31, 2017 5:58 pm
I'm using Linux Mint 18, with KDE Plasma version 5.8.5, Framework 5.33, Qt version 5.6.1.

I have a question (or issue) with the "Show Desktop" button. I like it a lot. I can press it and it will minimize all the open windows. This is good.

But the issue I have is this: after minimizing all the windows, i then open a new window, and then all of a sudden all the windows maximize. Why won't they just stay minimized? I don't know if this is by design, or a flaw in my setup.

Is there a way to click on the "Show Desktop" button, minimize all the windows, and have them stay minimized until I maximize each window, or press the Show Desktop button again.

Thanks

Pance
speterson
Registered Member

Re: Show Desktop - behaviour

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:53 am
There is another widget that is essentially the same thing, only slightly different. It is called "minimize windows". I just tested it, and I believe it does the behavior that you are looking for (not sure why it is not the default).
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: Show Desktop - behaviour

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 am
Also, the "Show Desktop" plasmoid has an option to "Minimize all windows" when you right-click on it.

And yes, the behavior is on purpose. "Show Desktop" is *not* the same thing as "Minimize all windows".

https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/4 ... _behavior/