This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Krunner crashes when calculating

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
troyvitullo
Registered Member

Krunner crashes when calculating

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:41 pm
This is odd. If I run krunner and type:

9/4

it calculates the number and then crashes. I see the following info when running it from the console:

Code: Select all
$ krunner
Error contacting the daemon!
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/vit/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/vit/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
session switching to "9/4"
kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not locate service type file kservicetypes5/plasma-popupapplet.desktop, tried ("/home/vit/.local/share", "/usr/share/usr/share/xsessions/plasma", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share")
kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not locate service type file kservicetypes5/plasma-popupapplet.desktop, tried ("/home/vit/.local/share", "/usr/share/usr/share/xsessions/plasma", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share")
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/bin/krunner from kdeinit
sock_file=/run/user/1000/kdeinit5__0
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = krunner path = /usr/bin pid = 12216
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/krunner
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 8 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 19 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 17 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 6 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 18 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 21 and type 'Exception', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 15 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 20 and type 'Read', disabling...

[5]+  Stopped                 krunner

If I attempt to add a multiplier by adding an asterisk krunner crashes immediately:

9/4*

$ krunner
Error contacting the daemon!
session switching to "9/4"
session switching to "9/4*"
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = krunner path = /usr/bin pid = 12289
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/krunner
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/bin/krunner from kdeinit
Unable to start Dr. Konqi

I did some digging and plasma-popupapplet.desktop was removed from plasma 5.9. That said I can't tell what version of plasma I'm running:

$ aptitude show plasma-desktop
Package: plasma-desktop
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 4:5.8.7.1-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04~ppa1
Priority: optional
Section: kde
Maintainer: Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE Maintainers <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Uncompressed Size: 8,685 k

That certainly doesn't look right.

I am on Linux Mint KDE:
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=serena
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 18.1 Serena"

Anybody have an idea what I'm missing? Can I add any additional info?

Thanks,

Troy
troyvitullo
Registered Member
Wow it happened again so I googled the issue (after ddg failed me) and found this post. Reading down I thought, "Wow this person is going through exactly the same thing I am. And boy they sound intelligent. I bet he's a cool guy and totally found the answer." Nope. Just me again. Crep.

I also found this kde bug written by people who sound even more intelligent: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364342

While I didn't see any Contact plugins installed in krunner I just disabled anything that sounded remotely like it might be involved with Akonadi (which is a good idea across the board as far as I'm concerned) and bang my problem went away.
mayid
Registered Member
This happens to me from time to time. I also use "plasma search" to perform calculations (my system is manjaro KDE)

I didn't know it was called krunner and I was actually looking for a way to relaunch it, so this post has already been useful for me, thanks.

So, it crashes from time to time, not on every calculation. i don't have a clue about the reasons why.

Anyway, if you guys just want to relaunch this manually, just execute:

krunner &

That way console will be free after starting krunner