This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Display the amount of data sent / received in network applet

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=382830

In the days of KDE4, it was possible to see how much data you had transferred through a connection, by looking at that connection in the network applet present in the system tray. This ability was never brought back in Plasma 5. I would like to suggest a re-implementation of the capability.

This is primarily important for users on mobile internet connections, which offer plans where the connection is slowed down by the provider after reaching a monthly quota (eg: 2GB per month). This makes it much easier to keep track of how much data you've used since last enabling that connection.

See the attached image for my suggestion: The left side shows the details section of a connection in the network applet, while on the right side I made changes to illustrate how what I'm proposing would look like.

Rog131
Registered Member
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS

Aha... good to know about this, thanks! I take that's Plasma 5 compatible? Might install it if none of the developers announce a plan for better traffic monitoring in vanilla KDE, which I'm hoping is a decision that can be put on the list (if it isn't there already).