This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Startup script to hide taskbar shadow stopped working...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thorbsd
Registered Member
I have a script that I have run automatically at startup that hides the shadow on the taskbar. It has worked without issue for a very long time, but I just noticed sometime last week it doesn't appear to be working at startup anymore.

Code: Select all
for WID in `xwininfo -root -tree | sed '/"Plasma": ("plasmashell" "plasmashell")/!d; s/^  *\([^ ]*\) .*/\1/g'`; do
   xprop -id $WID -remove _KDE_NET_WM_SHADOW
done

If I run the script from the command line, it works as it should.

If I execute the command from within Dolphin, the script doesn't work (it used to)

I'm confused about what changed that this isn't working like it did before and what I need to do to get it working again.

Edit: I use Arch, and the most recent change was that I updated Plasma Frameworks to 5.41 and Qt was updated to 5.10

Last edited by thorbsd on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
thorbsd
Registered Member
I downgraded my packages to Frameworks 5.40 (and Qt to 5.9) and the issue went away. Upgraded again to 5.41 and the issue returned.

I have no idea which program is causing the issue because you basically need to update all packages at the same time.
thorbsd
Registered Member
I'm going to take dipstick of the year award for this, but my script was missing:

Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh

As soon as I added it, the script run as it should at startup. Not sure what changed, but I suppose making sure your scripts are correct should be step 1 in troubleshooting.